Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting a Journal

In Bicol Joy Presbyterian Church (fellowship my family attends) we use the Living Life published by Duranno Int’l Ministry for our morning devotions. What I like with it is that it is different from other devotional books such as the Daily Bread. It gives emphasis on reading and meditating on the very Word of God. Each month, daily readings are taken from particular book or books from the New or Old Testament. Before you knew it, you have read the whole Bible. Though there is a reflection guide and accompanying short story at the end of the readings, we are encouraged to meditate first on what message God is giving us for the day from the verses we read. For those who could come to church each morning, there is a sharing time before our pastor would deliver a short message regarding the day’s scripture. Then prayer time. On Wednesday evenings, we also use the Living Life during our small group bible studies and sharing time. This year I hope to start a journal of my “Living Life” daily reflections here.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the Saturday morning sharing with my Joy faily. I hope they can visit this blogsite and leave also their comments. This way is like another sharing venue for us.

    ReplyDelete

Where in the Bible can I find

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com Include this form on your page