Friday, January 2, 2009

Deut. 6:4-19

Only One God!

There is only One True God and He deserves to be loved with all heart, soul and strength. He deserves nothing less. God’s children have to hear the call and obey the command. The utmost importance of this can never be over emphasized – we have to teach it to our children, talk about it at all times, take hold of it, make it seen in our lives, in our homes.

Today, I check my heart – Is God in my heart? How much do I love Him? How much I love the things apart from God, family, possessions, even dear life? What small idols do I treasure aside from God? What do I love more than Jesus? Who occupies my heart and my thoughts most of the time? Do I take time to teach my children about God, His commands? Is my love for God seen in my life, in my house? Do I long for Him more than I long for the things and people I want and like?

Everything we enjoy is by God’s grace! The Israelites took possession of the Promise Land by God’s grace – unearned, completely of God’s doing—“a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant…” in the same way, children of God receive salvation, eternal life and will go to heaven by God’s grace too, unearned, solely God’s work.

What response is better than to take heed of verses 12-18. In good times, it becomes easy to forget how gracious and good God is that we should always be careful to remember what God has done for us.

Our God is a gracious God! He is worthy to be remembered always. The One True God deserves our greatest reverence, complete obedience, devoted service, fervent worship and ardent love!

May God help me to repent and be freed from my “idols” and be able to love Him with all my heart, my soul and my strength. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where in the Bible can I find

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible

BibleGateway.com Include this form on your page